Key Areas on the Stage
Box or Composite Set
Generally a box or composite set is going to represent an interior domestic setting, like the typical box set illustrated below
The key areas are likely to be:
- Any entrance, exit, doorway;
- Stairs and steps;
- Table, desk, drinks cabinet;
- Sofa, arm chair, other seating.
|Key Areas of a typical Box Set|
Other Types of Setting
If your stage layout is different, you do not have a box set or your production is not set in a conventional domestic setting, your key areas could be:
- Any entrance or exit;
- Openings, balconies, windows;
- Stairs, steps and ramps;
- Rostrum, podiums;
- Seating, tables;
- Any special feature, like a statue, or religious icon;
- Anywhere that people would naturally congregate.
copyright Leigh Graham 1997-2010.